policies, terms, and conditions
- While renting boards or participating in a lesson, participants must remain within 250 meters (approx. 820 feet) of the coastline in Mismaloya Bay.
- The use of a personal life vest is mandatory for all services.
- Littering is strictly prohibited. If you do find any garbage, please pick it up or notify your guide.
- The use of a Lycra rash guard or 100% biodegradable sunscreen is recommended as solar protection.
- Participants must not be pregnant, have any medical history of any cardiac, neurological, or psychological problems
- Participants must not be under the influence of any drugs, narcotics, or alcoholic beverages.
- Participants accept full responsibility to pay for any damage caused to the equipment.
- All customers must pay the full balance owed and sign a waiver of liability before participating in any service.
To participate in any Paddle Zone activities, you must be at least 8 years of age with parent's or guardian's consent.
To use your own stand up paddle board, you must be 15 years of age with parent's or guardian's consent.
Customer Cancellation Policy
In case of cancellation or changes to reservations, we must be notified by e-mail at least 24-hours before the scheduled booking.
If you cancel your reservation...
...24-hours or more before your scheduled booking, you will receive 100% of your money back.
...12-24 hours before your scheduled booking, you will receive 50% of your money back.
...12-hours before or less before your scheduled booking, your payment is non-refundable.
If you do not show up for your scheduled booking, your payment is non-refundable.
Climate & Seasonal Tour Suggestions
December-May is the dry season. We are graced with consistent sunny skies pretty much the entire six months. The sun gets much stronger in April and May, so we'd recommend staying out of the sun during the peak hours of the day those months and coming on a tour either earlier or later in the day.
June through November is the wet season. We love the live giving rains of summer! The mountains and islands of Los Arcos turn a lush, deep green. The tropical storms that grace our skies are a sight to behold. But with this summer weather comes a tendency for unreliable climate, particularly in the late afternoon and evening. If your visit is during the summer, we'd recommend booking an early A.M. sunrise session or our first morning snorkel tour.
Weather cancellation Policy
Your tour guide will decide at the hour of your scheduled tour whether the tour will paddle out or not.
If, for some reason, weather conditions do not permit you to leave on the tour, you and your guide will settle on either...
a) rescheduling your tour for another time
b) refunding you what you've paid for the tour
The conditions in which your guide will cancel because of weather:
a) There is a electrical storm, with visible lightning nearby
b) The waves make it impossible for us to enter the ocean
c) An active hurricane, tsunami, and adverse weather advisories or warnings
Equipment Damage Policy
You are responsible for all damaged you incur on our equipment. We ask for a $100 USD deposit to use our equipment. This deposit will be refunded to you upon receipt of our equipment in the condition it was given to you. You are responsible for paying for any damages you inflict upon our equipment.