THE ADVENTURE OF
PUERTO VALLARTA'S SOUTH SHORE
Paddle Zone is a family-owned and locally-operated adventure company and surf school created to share the intrinsic treasures of the Banderas Bay region by way of ecologically-friendly sports and recreation services. Offering equipment rental, professional lessons, and customized ocean excursions, we craft memorable outdoor experiences aimed at providing exceptional value, prioritizing wellness and safety, and inspiring a sense of adventure.
COME AND VISIT
We are located at the southern end of Mismaloya Beach, seven miles south of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Found where the Sierra Madre mountain range meets the beautiful blue waters of the Pacific Ocean, Mismaloya is a small fishing village boasting spectacular views of the natural wonders at Los Arcos National Marine Park.
Our SUP surf shop has the best views in Puerto Vallarta—overlooking the picturesque bay of Mismaloya... We look forward to your visit soon!
DIRECTIONS TO OUR SHOP
By car, from La Zona Romantica/Old Town Puerto Vallarta...
- Head South on Highway 200—Barra de Navidad, towards El Tuito/Manzanillo
- Follow for approximately 7 miles until you reach KM 11
- Turn right at the Hotel Barceló just before the bridge and follow the dirt road running parallel to the Mismaloya River, which leads you all the way to the beach
- Find yourself a parking spot on the street and walk left along the beach, crossing the walking bridge or wading across the river mouth, all the way to the Southernmost end of the beach
- Look for our oceanside shop and you'll find us under a palapa palm thatched roof with our SUP boards and big smiles
- Ask them to drop you off at "Playa Mismaloya" (cab fare from Emiliano Zapata/La Zona Romantica will cost you around 120 to 150 pesos)
- Walk onto the beach and find our oceanside shop on the Southernmost end of the shoreline
- Get on the orange bus line towards Boca de Tomatlan/Mismaloya in Old Town Vallarta at the corner of Constitución and Basilio Badillo (the bus fare will cost you 8 pesos).
- Disembark in Mismaloya at Hotel Barceló
- Follow the dirt road running alongside the southern end of Hotel Barceló towards the beach
- Walk left along the beach, crossing the walking bridge or wading across the river mouth, all the way to the Southernmost end of the beach
- Look for our oceanside shop and we'll be waiting for you there with our big boards and big smiles
MEX 044 (322) 153-1967 cell
US 011 52 1 (322) 153-1967
CLOSED ON MONDAYS
*Or by confirmed reservation
Experience our group, semi-private, and private stand up paddleboard (SUP) lessons—which include a thorough warm-up on land, an explanation of technique and theory, a safety briefing, and an open water exploration of Mismaloya Bay.
Take your pick from our top-of-the-line Starboard SUP boards, available in a variety of different models and sizes. We have hybrid boards, single and double kayaks, boogie boards, snorkel gear, and kick boards available for rent too!
Book a tour with our guides, visiting the beautiful Los Arcos National Marine Park by paddle board or kayak: greeting the day on a Sunrise Paddle, discovering natural beauty on the Snorkel Tour, exploring another world during a Sunset Session, or trying out our monthly Full Moon Paddle.
We offer group, semi-private, and private stand up paddleboard SUP yoga lessons in Mismaloya Bay as well as custom Good Morning SUP Yoga Tours to Los Arcos.
Receive personalized instruction and individual attention on one of our custom surf and SUP excursions to a variety of incredible spots in the Puerto Vallarta area.
READ THE BLOG